What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other word would smell as sweet. (Romeo and Juliet 2.2)
名字中有什么呢?把玫瑰叫成别的名字,它还是一样的芬芳。——《罗密欧与朱丽叶》
/名称有什么关系呢?玫瑰不叫玫瑰,依然芳香如故。
Young men’s love then lies not truly in their hearts, but in their eyes. (Romeo and Juliet 2.3)
年轻人的爱不是发自内心,而是全靠眼睛。——《罗密欧与朱丽叶》
It is the east, and Juliet is the sun. (Romeo and Juliet 2.2)
那是东方,而朱丽叶就是太阳。——《罗密欧与朱丽叶》
A little more than kin, and less than kind. (Hamlet 1.2)
超乎寻常的亲族,漠不相关的路人。——《哈姆雷特》
Frailty, thy name is woman! (Hamlet 1.2)
脆弱啊,你的名字是女人!——《哈姆雷特》
This above all: to thine self be true. (Hamlet 1.3)
最重要的是,你必须对自己忠实。——《哈姆雷特》
The time is out of joint – O, cursed spite, that ever I was born to set it right! (Hamlet 1.5)
这是一个礼崩乐坏的时代,唉!倒霉的我却要负起重整乾坤的责任。——《哈姆雷特》
Brevity is the soul of wit. (Hamlet 2.2)
简洁是智慧的灵魂,冗长是肤浅的藻饰。/言贵简洁。——《哈姆雷特》
There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. (Hamlet 1.5)
天地之间有许多事情,是你的睿智所无法想象的。——《哈姆雷特》
/在这天地间有许多事情是人类哲学所不能解释的。
There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so. (Hamlet 2.2)
世上之事物本无善恶之分,思想使然。——《哈姆雷特》
/没有什么事是好的或坏的,但思想却使其中有所不同。
To be or not to be: that is a question. (Hamlet 3.1)
生存还是毁灭,这是个值得考虑的问题。——《哈姆雷特》
There’s a special providence in the fall of a sparrow. (Hamlet 5.2)
一只麻雀的生死都是命运预先注定的。——《哈姆雷特》
The rest is silence. (Hamlet 5.2)
余下的只有沉默。——《哈姆雷特》
Keep up your bright swords, for the dew will rust them. (Othello 1.2)
收起你们明晃晃的剑,它们沾了露水会生锈的。——《奥赛罗》
O, beware, my lord, of jealousy; it is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on. (Othello 3.3)
主帅啊,当心你会嫉妒,那可是一只绿眼的妖魔,它惯于耍弄爪下的猎物。——《奥赛罗》
Good name in man and woman, dear my lord, is the immediate jewel of their souls: Who steals my purse steals trash; ’tis something, nothing. (Othello 3.3)
无论男人女人,名誉是他们灵魂中最贴心的珍宝,如果有人偷走了我的钱袋,他不过偷走了一些废物,那不过是些毫无价值的东西罢了。——《奥赛罗》
O, curse of marriage, that we can call these delicate creatures ours, and not their appetites! (Othello 3.3)
啊!婚姻的烦恼!我们可以把这些可爱的人儿据为己有,却无法掌控她们的各种欲望。——《奥赛罗》
We cannot all be masters, nor all masters cannot be truly followed. (Othello 1.3)
不是每个人都能做主人,也不是每个主人都能值得仆人忠心的服侍。——《奥赛罗》
Nothing will come of nothing. (King Lear 1.1)
一无所有只能换来一无所有。——《李尔王》
Love’s not love when it is mingled with regards that stands aloof from th’entire point. (King Lear 1.1)
爱情里面要是搀杂了和它本身无关的算计,那就不是真的爱情。——《李尔王》